Many are familiar of the diseases and sickness that catch up with an aging body. As most of the are-related diseases seem to worsen with time. Impaired vision loss and blindness are not unfamiliar terms for seniors especially those of whom already have bad health conditions.
Some habits can protect the eyes such as a healthy diet, avoiding exposure to UV rays, blue light, and frequent eye examinations. The purpose of an examination is to detect the possible eye concerns that currently exist or show signs of appearing in the near future. For example, the health of the eye could suggest the chances or likelihood of suffering from macular degeneration, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy. By detecting these at the early stages could prevent the risk of sight loss.
Here are some healthy habits to hook up with for healthy sight.
- Eat well, Eat healthy!:- Consumer foods that are rich in antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins A, E. These contain essential omega-3 fatty acids, leafy, green vegetables, eggs, nuts, fruits and juices. A healthy diet will also boost your health and prevent diseases like diabetes.
- Smoking Kills sight:- Smoking is not just bad for the eyes but also increases various unhealthy conditions such as high levels of oxidative stress. With consistent smoking, you are most likely to get cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Sunglasses helps sight:- Wearing sunglasses when travelling under the sun can prevent your eyes from damages caused by the UV rays. It is said, too much of UV can lead to cataracts.
- Computer watching:-
- • Wear a good set of glasses to protect eye strain
- • Eye dry out, blink more
- • Look 20 mins away, 20 feet away for 20 seconds
With age, even eye problems tend to increase. Do whatever it takes to strengthen sight and decrease the possibilities of eye diseases.