Some Swine Flu fast facts…
- Swine Flu surfaced in the year 2009 and the WHO declared it a pandemic.
- Some scientists believe the H1N1 virus was created in a laboratory.
- People with good immunity can recover at a faster rate from Swine Flu
For those that aren’t aware of how Swine Flu spreads…
It is said that pigs with the influenza virus suffer from a running nose, lethargy,etc. It is a contagious virus as it spreads from one pig to another if and when in contact. The virus spreads quickly among people too, especially, if mucus or saliva particles are transmitted through a cough, sneeze, etc. The H1N1 virus is called Swine Flu that spreads among humans yearly.
The symptoms noticed are sudden high fever, body aches, headaches, cough and cold, sore problems, lack of appetite, short of breath, Diarrhea, vomiting, etc. These conditions worsen when the individual is suffering from other ailments too at that time. The people that are at higher risk of being infected are those over the age of 65, children under 5 years, pregnant women, or individuals with weak immune systems, etc.
A flu shot is developed every year by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to counterattack the virus. However, the best way to deal with such a virus is to prevent it in the first place.
To help you take the necessary precautions, here are some ways to keep the virus away and good health close.
- Drink plenty of water
- Gargle 2 or 3 times a day with warm water
- Keep hands-off-the-face
- Consult your doctor and start anti-flu medications
- When talking to infected patients, use a mask
- Maintain high levels of sanitization
- Exercise regularly
- Check your temperature regularly
- Avoid crowded places
- Chew one clove a day
- Blow the nose hard once a day and swab the nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water to bring down viral population
One of the major factors is that the symptoms of regular flu and Swine flu are quite similar. In this case, an individual will mistakenly not take the exact treatment required to battle the virus. Hence, we at The Vission Eye Center think it mandatory to provide you with the necessary knowledge required to protect yourself and your family.